Happy Father’s Day! It was a pretty uneventful day. Tony wasn’t feeling the best and he had to work this morning. What a way to spend a day dedicated to wonderful dads like him! I am pretty sure he’s the best dad that the girls could have. He’s absolutely so loving and cares so much about us. All of us, not just the girls. I think that makes him our hero! He truly is one of kind. I couldn’t of asked for anyone better.
So it’s about 3 and half months away from my golden birthday! September I will be turning 27! Yikes. I know most are like yeah you’re still young and have lots of time. I know I probably do but then I sit here and think of how fast it has been since Lyla was born. That was 4 years ago!! I still can’t believe it! I don’t understand how quickly it can pass. I remember when time seemed soo slow when I was in high school and younger. I felt like the school year would never end. I guess time passes by when you’re having fun. I must be having the time of my life because I swear just yesterday I was 20. I have a lot of amazing things that have happened. Two of my biggest accomplishments are my two beautiful girls. I wouldn’t change a thing. They are the best. I feel most days they make me feel young, but at the same time old. Tony and I have been together for 7 years which is pretty incredible. Crazy to think about!!
I was reading a great blog about how she just turned 29 and she wanted to do 30 things before she turned 30.
Here is a link to the post! Check it out!
I got so inspired. Made me want to make a list as well. Except, I will be doing 30 things before I am thirty and I will have 3 years instead of just one year. I want to give myself good time for a few things and this is the perfect way to go about it. Yeah there are many things I want to do before I die but there are some short-term goals I would like to have done!
These are not in order of what I want to do. It’s just a list of what I want to do! I will probably randomly cross things off the next three years.
1. Buy a house
2. Get a tattoo
3. Finish the girls baby scrapbooks
4. Join a gym
5. Get married to Tony
6. Have a garden and eat from it
7. Take more family pictures. Hoping every 6 months!
8. Sew a dress
9. Go to Ikea in Chicago
10. Run three miles straight
11. Open my Etsy Shop
12. Swim in the ocean
13. Read the entire Bible
14. Get a dog
15. Say yes to everything for one entire day. (don’t tell anyone of course what day)
16. Go to church at least 20 times
17. Go to a midnight premiere
18. Keep up with my blog
19. Have a kid free weekend with Tony at a hotel out-of-town
20. Learn sign language and teach the girls
21. Bake a 3 layer cake
22. Limit my time on social media (Facebook, twitter, internet, blogs, pinterest, and instagram)
23. Spend more family time together, make memories the girls will remember
24. Ride my bike with the girls in the trailer often
25. Be successful with my business
26. Visit family more- mom and dad, grandparents, sister and brothers
27. Finish all the laundry- don’t have any dirty clothes besides the ones on us
(this one might be the hardest one haha)
28. Finish more projects
29. Read 200 books
30. Print out most of the pictures I have taken and at least put them in albums
Hopefully I can accomplish most if not all of these!! I would love to cross all the them off!! I am pretty excited to start a few of these! I feel like if I can see them I will do them!! It will be a constant reminder hey get on track!! Don’t slack!! Wish me good luck!! Here’s to crossing things off my list!
What do you want to do? What is your bucketlist?
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I love brussel sprouts- they are absolutely delicious! Probably my favorite vegetable.
2. I hate my bones touched. Yes, I know so weird right?! Well, its really gross to me and it will actually make me feel sick to my stomach. Like elbows, ankles, wrists, ribs, and especially collar bones!
3. I love all kinds of music. Country and Christian are my two favorites at the moment.
4. I am only 4’10”! On occasion I can ride all the rides I swear!! My girls will hopefully pass me up!! Though daddy is only about 5’9″
5. Penguins are my true love especially for Christmas time but my love of owls have taken over my house! Soon I will have to count my collection!
6. I am trying to live by His word. To find God and live within his grace.
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
7. I have been a stay at home mom since April 2012. Best decision ever!
8. I love creating items: handsewing, painting, scrapbooking, projectlife, and diy furniture.
9. I am a procrastinator which I hate. Trying to be much better. I tend to move from project to project. That’s why my house never looks clean when I have been cleaning all day!! I go from one thing to another too often rather than sticking to one room and finishing.
10. Tony and I met online and decided to meet and just look at us now!! Two lovebirds with two little birdies by our side!
I just started my own little business making felt owls. In January, I just opened a Facebook page to start getting some customers that weren’t family. Its just a small start, I will hopefully this summer be starting an Etsy shop. I am pretty excited to join that community of incredible artists. I have started following a few awesome people on Instagram, facebook and etsy. Over the past few months I have gotten some great tips and tricks to starting on Etsy. Mostly that your pictures are what need to be perfect! I am nervous with getting amazing pictures of my products and maybe that is why I started with Facebook because I am pretty good at that so far! Well, until they change things which is about every week.
Here is a little preview of owls I have made for customers so far!
Last month I had my first craft show! Which was pretty sad in the way of making money but I did learn a ton of great ideas. I only sold 4 owls. Out of the 4 were my two babies which were three dollars a piece. They were a hit with the little kids! Great to know! An awesome friend Angela came and bought a large owl from me, so she was my biggest buy. Sadly, I didn’t get many new likes on my Facebook page and not many new orders. All in all, it was a great learning experience and that’s what counts. My friend Keri went with me and she sells these absolutely adorable crocheted baby props and hats. Way cute! She didn’t do so hot either but we learned. Just keep repeating it and it will sounds better eventually. I will post pictures of my booth set up tomorrow!
Thinking of changing up my blog design up. Have lots of things to post since last month! I have to get to bed though, have lots to do tomorrow! My to do lost is way longer than I would like! Good night!
When I was pregnant with Tenley I had joined a Facebook group for October due date mothers off the What to Expect Website. Very good website, I met a lot of great women and got really good information. This group was for all the pregnant mothers who were due in October 2011. What a great set up! After, we all started having our kids the ones who were still pregnant were being taken over by those who actually delivered. I decided to make a Moms group. Most of the women who were on the WTE October group moved to my group and others that were friends of mine. This group has been successful still now, and is growing everyday! We are bunch of wonderful women who have different input on how to raise our children. The group is mainly a support group for moms who want to brag, just vent, talk about anything, and meet new people. After 6 months it has 300 great women! While being in this group I have come to realize that I am obsessed with baby! Not even joking! My life has become babies/ toddlers/ playtime and nap time. I discuss baby all the time. I am pretty sure that those of my friends who have no children get quite annoyed with me always talking about babies. I do have adult time too (well sort of). I am not married, have two children, have bottle and breast-fed, had a c-section and a vbac. I am really open to learning new tricks of the trade and love hearing stories of other moms lives.
I have just recently become a stay at home mom and I would have to say it is one of the hardest jobs I have ever done! It’s a constant job, there is no breaks! Even in the bathroom, I don’t think when my child has been home with me that I have been able to pee alone more than a hand full of times! Amazing right?! Just the kind of job you want! I have to admit like two weeks before I decided to quit my job I had all these great projects I was going to accomplish!! The house was going to be spotless! I know I know you are all laughing at me when you read that!! Since, I never was a sahm I really didn’t know what to expect!! My days off of work were crazy but never expected everyday to be like that!! Well, sorry to say I was wrong! I really now know those moms who used to come into my work with her three kids and looked all frazzled I know I understand!! Mother to mother I know!
How has your life changed since being a sahm or sahd?!?!